From: gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org]On
Behalf Of Venkatakrishnan, V
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 10:47 AM
To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: g++ and libstdc++.a

Hi,
	I've this application on AIX 4.3.3 built using g++.  When I deploy
it on the target machine and run it I get the following error.

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program myApp because of the following errors:
	  0509-150 Dependent module libstdc++.a(libstdc++.so.5) could not be
loaded.
	  0509-022 Cannot load module libstdc++.a(libstdc++.so.5).
        0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not
exist.

	My development machine has /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.a whereas my
target machine does not.  I'm not really sure why. Is libstdc++.a installed
as part of the gcc binaries installed on AIX (not installed on my target
m/c) or is it part of bos.adt.lib?
	Also, I could remove the dependency on libstdc++.a by compiling my
app using gcc, but that would require a lot of effort in converting the code
to C.  I did try explicitly linking libstdc++.a to my app during linking but
that does not remove the dependency.
	Has any of you faced such a thing?  Need some help here please.