  Class:                             ELF32
  Data:                              2's complement, big endian
  Version:                           1 (current)
  OS/ABI:                            UNIX - System V
  ABI Version:                       0
  Type:                              DYN (Shared object file)
  Machine:                           None
  Version:                           0x1
  Entry point address:               0x1ce40
  Start of program headers:          52 (bytes into file)
  Start of section headers:          1266804 (bytes into file)
  Flags:                             0x0
  Size of this header:               52 (bytes)
  Size of program headers:           32 (bytes)
  Number of program headers:         7
  Size of section headers:           40 (bytes)
  Number of section headers:         65
  Section header string table index: 64

as you can see the Machine entry is set to None.

Is this the expected behaviour?
What may have I changed to blow it up? The configure options are the same
(believe me or not) as for the successfully RPM-outside installation.
 Shall I look to the binutils or to the minimal cross complier?
Thanks for your help.
	Lapo