Re: upgrading from gcc-3.2 to newer version on PPC architecture

Rupert Wood wrote:

I'm trying to upgrade my gcc-3.2 to gcc-3.2.3 version on PowerPC
architecture (LFS based Linux distribution). Unfortunatelly make
bootstrap stops at libgcc because of "internal compiler error".

libgcc is built using the newly compiled stage1 compiler. This means you're either seeing a new bug in 3.2.3 PPC or your existing 3.2 has miscompiled stage1. For the former, you could try building 3.3.1 and see if that works.

gcc-3.3.1 does work! I did just quick test, enabling c language only and not using my own patches adding new function attribute, but it works. Today I'll do complete build.

regards,

--
Michal Schulz
Institut für Metallurgie