Re: gcc with -DWANT_MFB -DWANT_X11

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 08:51:52PM -0500, Meng-Hsueh Chiang wrote:

> Hello,

Hi.

> I am compiling a software on Solaris with gcc as:
> gcc -traditional -O2 -DWANT_MFB -DWANT_X11 .....
>

> It was made, but, when I ran the executable, I got:
> external error:  no graphics packages; need to define either WANT_X11, or WANT_MFB
> Warning: can't initialize display device for graphics.
>
> Could someone please tell me what I might be missing?
> I appreciate your reply.

Are you sure that these are preprocessor symbols? Maybe these are
evironment variables you need to set when running the program?
Also, be aware that it said "either ... or" -- so you should set
only one at a time, but not both.

HTH
--
Claudio Bley                                 ASCII ribbon campaign (")
Debian GNU/Linux user                         - against HTML email  X