How to compile a glibc without c++ exception handling?

Greetings,

I am building a i386 linux/arm linux cross compilation
environment, but my dynamically linked executables
fail to run on the target due to undefined symbols
such as 'register_frame_info'.

I understand that the cause of this is that the glibc
I built is inserting references to c++ exception
handling routines in my c code, but that the glibc
running on my target wasn't built with those symbols
defined.

Now for what is no doubt a blazingly newbie question:
how can I build a glibc that doesn't insert those