Re: Binary increased memory ( leaks )

Klein, Bernhard wrote:
Now, I had the problem, that two of my binaries works properly, but if I
checked the memory with "top" I saw, that the memory usage continous
increased.

First figure out what kind of memory is being leaked. Stack? Malloc? mmap? You should be able to figure this out in gdb by checking the stack pointer value and the sbrk(0) value. If stack, then a gdb backtrace should be helpful. If malloc, a quick check of the FSF GNU project pages shows a pointer to a MemWatch program that might be helpful.
http://www.gnu.org/directory/memwatch.html
See also the list of related programs.

Jim