Re: GCC for embedded systems - help please

Hello Nigel,

The crossgcc ml is now @sources.redhat.com.
For useful info on GNU in embedded systems, look for Bill Gatliff's site which is full of tutorials and interesting examples.
ld manual also gives a short reference on how to set up code as it is done in crt0 (C version. You may not be forced to switch to ASM, AFAIK) p 33 (AT command and corresponding C code to relocate the corresponding sections of your program)

Hopes that helps.

Regards,
Vincent

murphyn@microsense.co.uk wrote:
Dear GNUs,

I'm trying to compile some software for an embedded system. The host system is a 486, I'm building on a 686. I'm trying to use GCC to compile the source, but instead of the standard a.out elf format, all I want is binary. I've written my own memoryscript.ld and crt0.s, although I'm now having great difficulty getting code to run. I think theres problem with my crt0.s