Compiling GNU C/C++ source on SGs

Hi,

I have been having quite a few problems compiling the GNU gcc and g++
source 3.x on an O2 SGI running Irix 6.5.14. I truly believe I have followed
the instructions for the SG platform/environment. With much pain I have hacked
the Makefiles to get to the point where libgcc is built. However, I am now
at the point where for some reason gmake is checking the configuration
of the system (after I already did a configure) and it is saying to upgrade
to version 3.0 of gcc/g++, when In fact I am using version 3.0.1 to compile
the darn system. Actually all I need id to get a shared (versus static) version
of libg2c.a and then I don't care if gmake blows up.

My reason for compiling the source is to get shared PIC versions of some libraries
such as libg2c. If anyone has generated such a version of the libraries I would
appreciate getting a copy while I sort out this problem.

Thanks, --Len