Words endian is different in registers than in memory

Hi

I am porting GCC to a new architecture and have one problem when defining
WORDS_BIG_ENDIAN because "GCC fundamentally assumes that the order of
words in memory is the same as the order in registers." In my case it
should be defined as 0 when working with memory and 1 when working with
registers. Can I make this macro change during compilation? How?

Anders