RE: Unrecognized modifier ':+$LD_RUN_PATH:'

---------------------- Original Message ----------------------------------
From: "Nils Gerken" <n dot gerken at web dot de>
     To: <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
     Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:09:51 +0100
     Subject: Unrecognized modifier ':+$LD_RUN_PATH:'

Hi,

while trying to compile gcc-3.2.2 with make bootstrap (after configuring
with ./configure --disable-shared) on a Tru64 5.1a Alpha System I get the
error message:

ar: Warning: ignoring second definition of _ZTSSt15underflow_error defined
in archive
ar: Warning: ignoring second definition of _ZNSdD1Ev defined in archive
ar: Warning: ignoring second definition of _ZNSdD0Ev defined in archive
ar: Warning: ignoring second definition of _ZThn16_NSdD1Ev defined in
archive
ar: Warning: ignoring second definition of _ZThn16_NSdD0Ev defined in
archive
ar: Warning: ignoring second definition of _ZTv0_n24_NSdD1Ev defined in
archive
ar: Warning: ignoring second definition of _ZTv0_n24_NSdD0Ev defined in
archive
----------------------- End Original Message ------------------------------

Note that these warnings are caused by the fact that you built in static mode.
 As a result, the mangled functions in C++ are in two different directories.
If you had built with --enable-shared, then you would not have gotten the
warning.

I think that it is possible that it would also have fixed the problem with
LD_LIBRARY_PATH as well but I am not sure.

--
Said the fox to the fish, "Join me ashore".
 The fish are the Jews, Torah is our water

Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz - sabbahem@bcpl.net