gcc 3.2 Ultra 5 Solaris 9

Hi all,

I have installed the following gcc compiler

bash-2.05# c++ --version
c++ (GCC) 3.2

on a Sun Ultra 5 workstation running Solaris 9.  I have noticed the
compile times are quite long and the executable size is quite small.

bash-2.05# timex c++ x.cpp

real        7.79
user        7.10
sys         0.35

bash-2.05# ls -all a.out
-rwxr-xr-x    1 erich    other       14252 Feb  4 21:26 a.out

Is the compiler performing extensive optimization on the c++ code?  How
can I prevent the compiler from optimizing the code during compilation?
In other words I'd like to generate an executable as fast as I can
without any concern about executable file size. I have tried passing -O0
to the compiler but the compile times didn't improve.

Erich