RE: Compiler Error

Joe Grant wrote:

> I am getting an error when compiling the example programs.
> GCC was supplied with the development kit for the IP2022,
> IP2K-KDV-UNIVDNET-11. See enclosed file.

You'd have done better to have copied the error out of the build window
and pasted that to the list (if only to keep the MS-prejudiced quiet
:-p).

The error is:

ip2k-elf-gcc: /cygdrive/x/PUBLIC/../lib/gcc-lib/ip2k-elf/
             2.97-ip2kgcc-010528-Ubicom-42-0830/specs: Permission denied

I'm not a cygwin user but if you log in as administrator, or log into
cygwin's as its concept of root (if it has one), or as the user that
installed the cross-GCC then try

    chmod -R a+r /cygdrive/x/PUBLIC/../lib/gcc-lib/ip2k-elf

then that should make all of GCC's support files readable by all users
and hopefully that should work. If you start getting 'cannot execute'
then you might have to trawl that tree looking for executable files
(and/or directories) and make those world executable too.

Of course that might be completely wrong but hopefully a cygwin guru
will speak up.

Good luck,
Rup.