[Fwd: having problems with make]

--- Begin Message ---

> looks like your compiler installation is broken. What system are you
> using?

Its a redhat box, i recently upgraded to 8.0. As far as the install is concerned,
everything is out of the box.
I did have a little bit of trouble with it though, gcc was defaulting to
/usr/local/bin/ld  and it was causing all of my  code to crash and burn. i
replaced it with a link to /usr/bin/ld, and after that i could get away with
compiling smaller programs. whenever i try to compile anything larger though, like
a pice of software off of freshmeat, i can never get too far through 'make'.
-Cheers