Undefined reference to `atexit'

Hi,

I'm new to this list, so I apologize if this has been covered before.

I have a system that started out being RedHat Linux 6.2, but I have
upgraded to gcc 2.95.3 and glibc 2.2.4.  I've had no problems up until now
when I'm trying to build some of the Gnome 2.0 components.  I'm getting
the error message:

/lib/libdl.so.2: undefined reference to `atexit'

I did a search on Google and found information at the following URL:

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/glibc-linux/2001-q4/msg00007.html

I would be more than happy to follow these instructions, but I have two
questions.  The first is I can't find a branch in the gcc CVS module that
references 2.95.4pre that I can access with anonymous CVS.  Does anybody
know what the branch tag for this is?

Also, it's been over a year since the message at that URL above was
posted.  Has there been any updated patches or bug-fix releases that I
should be aware of?  Has there been work done to eliminate this problem?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Erik.