Re: wstring and gcc

The wide char support is determined by the system, I believe.
The configure script looks for wchar support in the system headers and turns
off the libc++ macros if it doesn't find it  there.
In my particular case, I'm on a machine with a rather old kernel and I
installed gcc3 in my home directory and not in /usr
So maybe a combination of the above resulted in the problem
Andy