RE: gcc

    Samuel> Hi

    Samuel> I am trying to install gcc C compiler onto my server and I
    Samuel> got the error message shown below when trying to do the
    Samuel> configure.  There isn't a working compiler in the server
    Samuel> as required by the configuration so I am not sure what the
    Samuel> variable CC shd be set to.

    Samuel> I was told to look for a binary version but could not
    Samuel> locate in the gnu website.

    Samuel> [ntms2ap]/PROD_pri/users/install # $srcdir/configure
    Samuel> Configuring for a powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0 host.

http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html mentions:

    * AIX:
	o http://www.bullfreeware.com
        o http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu

Google found this from IBM:

	http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/aix/products/aixos/linux/download.html

HTH

--
Claudio Bley                                                        _
                                             ASCII ribbon campaign ( )