optimizations for static libraries

Hi!

I'm writing a plugin for the Netscape browser that uses QT and OpenGL.
To be able to use this plugin even if there's no QT installed, I have to use
the static version of the QT-Library. Unfortunately using this version, my
plugin gets very big (>10MB) which is of course too much to download for
normal users.
Is there any possibility to tell gcc to include only the parts of the
library that are effectively needed (I only use very few QT-functions)?

thanks a lot
    Helfried

--
helfried.t@gmx.at