Re: Dynamic loader and virtual functions

Bjorn et. al,

Thanks for the input, and for the link. Unfortunately, binary compatibility does not seem to be the issue here. This problem appears even if I change the class to not inherit from anything. I add a virtual function in the header and poof! dlsym can't find the extern "C" function.

What's really strange is that this new class is being instantiated as a member of the main class for this plugin. In each plugin, this main class is derived from a plugin base class in the main application which contains virtual functions. The plugin class overrides these virtual function (successfully), and this has no effect on dlsym finding the LoadPlugin function. Why is this suddenly appearing when I add a new class with virtual functions to the .so???

Chris