Re: GCC 3+ and ABI

Hi Tom,

Are you linking C++, or C code?

The C ABI is, I've heard, the same.

The C++ ABI has undergone a significant overhaul. I think along the lines of exception handling infrastructure, name mangling, register usage protocols (on select platforms), C++ streams and other I/O, RTTI support and infrastructure, exceptions thrown out of a shared library (.so, .dll) which not supported in 2.95.

Those are just some of the big ones. I'm sure that the website has more intimate (and correct!) details, as well as some of the GCC gurus on this forum. But that should be good enough for a heads up.

Sincerely,
--Eljay