Re: Unsuccessful build of 3.1 on AIX 5.1

David Edelsohn <dje@watson.ibm.com> wrote:
> 	I am not sure why Fortran is not installing properly for you.
>
> 	As far as using GCC with MPI on AIX, it worked the last time I
> tried.  You must use the GCC for AIX option "-mpe" to compile and link the
> program because MPI requires additional header directories and library
> directories located in /usr/lpp/ppe.poe .  I have not tried using G++ with
> MPI.

gcc gives me the same error as g++ when using -mpe.

> 	MPI programs are linked with both libmpi.a and libvtd.a, and with
> the special MPI crt0.o.  That is what the "-mpe" option does.  If
> /usr/lpp/ppe.poe/crt0.o is not installed on your system then either you
> have something wrong with your installation or a different version of MPI
> than GCC was designed to work with.

Thanks.  My version of poe is, I think, Version 3, Release 2.  I'll
let the sysadmins know about the missing file.

> 	This is meant for AIX's MPI for SP2, not MPICH.

Yes, I know.  I sort of got it working with mpich that was compiled
with xlC, but there were wierd problems.  So now I'm back to IBM's
MPI.

Thanks a lot,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu