Shared oject crashes on AIX 5.1

Hi,
	I am compiling a shared object on AIX 5.1 using GCC 3.0.4 on AIX 5.1.
First of all the so is not getting copied to the install directory. Only
*.la and is
getting copied.
If i manually copy the .so into install directory and load, it crashes
giving error
Illegal Instruction. While linking i used -bE:filename.exp -bM:SRE -G -lc as
flags to
linker. I am using AIX native assembler and linker.
If any one knows the reason please help me out

regards
Jubin

DISCLAIMER: This email is bound by the terms and conditions described at
http://www.subexgroup.com/mail-disclaimer.htm