Re: Help! Attempting to install gcc 3.0.4

Darin> I extracted the tar file, but it didn't have any file named configure.  So,
Darin> I went back to UCLA's site and found the source tar file.  When I extract
Darin> it, there is a file named 'configure'.  You said I need a compiler to build
Darin> GCC???  Not sure I understand, because if I had a compiler, I wouldn't need
Darin> GCC in the first place.  If I can find the .bin file, can I just install it
Darin> with SMIT...and would I still need a compiler to build it?  Thanks for your
Darin> help.

	The binary distribution will not contain a file named "configure"
because that distribution is pre-built, ready to install and run.  If you
want to install GCC 3.0.4 and downloaded a binary distribution of GCC
3.0.4, why do you want to build it?

David