Re: How to debug via serial cable(port) ?

Hi Frank,
  Thanks for your advice. And you met my question.
  Because I recompile the AP source, and then run this AP.
  But the AP hangs in somewhere. So I think the remote debugging may help
me.
  So, you know.. Thanks! I will go to GDB mailing list to find more about
this!

Joseph

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 12:03, @@ wrote:
> Hi,
>   I want to debug a AP via serial cable(port).
>   And I read the GDB HOWTO that describes a remote debugging method.
>   But I don't understand that very well.
>   Does  anyone ever use this method to debug?
>   Could anyone kindly guide me in a simple way to do this?
>   Any help is appreciated.

Hi Joseph,

I think what you mean is the possibility, to debug an OS ( kernel ) on a
remote machine. The method is like this:
One patch a kernel she is developing with the kgdb patch and use another
machine with gdb to debug this OS remote via serial line and/or network
cable.
Kernel developers and driver writers make heavy use of this debugging
method.
I don't have any idea why one should need to debug an AP ( assuming this
stands for application ) remotely.

Hope I met your question.

> Do You Yahoo!?

nope

Regards
Frank

PS: Maybe your better on the GDB mailing list with this question.