felide constructors

Hi everybody here,
                  I am trying to install mysql 3.23.49 on my Mandrake Linux machine.

                  I must run the configure command to which certain compiler flags are
                  passed, prominent are -felide-constructors and -fno-exceptions.

                  However when I did gcc -v --help and searched the list of -f options
                  there was no -felide-constructors and no -fno-exceptions, meaning that
                  the gcc that is installed (gcc 304) does not support these options.

                  Which Linux-based C/C++ compiler supports -felide-constructors and-fno-
                  exceptions and from where can I download it?

                  The search for the keyword "felide" in this gcc-help list yielded 15
                  posts 3 of them closely related to my question but the authors were
                  having my type of trouble with Solaris. Google is yielding 2450 results
                  and maybe when I am born again on this Earth I can take the trouble of
                  sorting through them!

                  Awaiting a reply.
                                                                                   SNODX