Re: creating file more than 2 Gig on SGI Irix6.5

Hi Philip,

 I believe, one has to define _LARGEFILE_SOURCE or _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
to 1
in order to get the API with support for files larger than 2GB. The file
system
and kernel also has to support this for you to actually be able to
create
such files. Try looking at
http://ftp.sas.com/standards/large.file/x_open.20Mar96.html#TOP
I am not sure, if you have to do this with gcc 3.0.4 though.

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn