This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: creating file more than 2 Gig on SGI Irix6.5
- From: bjorn rohde jensen <shamus at tdcadsl dot dk>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 22:23:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: creating file more than 2 Gig on SGI Irix6.5
- References: <200203221950.g2MJofq32055@PCIgeomatics.com>
- Reply-to: shamus at tdcadsl dot dk
I believe, one has to define _LARGEFILE_SOURCE or _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
in order to get the API with support for files larger than 2GB. The file
and kernel also has to support this for you to actually be able to
such files. Try looking at
I am not sure, if you have to do this with gcc 3.0.4 though.
Philip Cheng wrote:
> I just installed gcc 3.0.4 on my IRIX 6.5 machine. My program crashed
> when it tried to create a file more than 2Gig. Does gcc 3.0.4 allows
> file more than 2G? Is there something missing that I need to install?
> I had to use --disable-multilib option in order to build gcc successfully.
> Could that be the problem?
> Any help would be much appreciated