This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Help in Configuring GCC
- From: Frank Schafer <frank dot schafer at setuza dot cz>
- To: ryukenjoven at yahoo dot com
- Cc: help-gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: 14 Mar 2002 07:31:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: Help in Configuring GCC
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 07:21, ©¿©¬ JGuevarra wrote:
> Hi All!
> I am new to sun unix and after I installed sol8 I
> found out that I have no compiler installed. I
> downloaded a new version of GCC at GNU website and
> tried to install it, unluckily theres a problem:
> Configuring for a sparc-sun-solaris2.8 host.
> Created "Makefile" in /export/home0/local/gcc using
> /usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not
> *** The command '/usr/ucb/cc -o conftest -g
> conftest.c' failed.
> *** You must set the environment variable CC to a
> working compiler.
> How can I compile a C compiler when there is actually
> no compiler?
That's simple, If You don't have a compiler you can't compile.
> Do You Yahoo!?
Have a look at gnu.org or at sunfreeware.com. You should find a
precompiled version there.