This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.0.4 vs AIX 4.3.1
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Tiago Fioreze <tapera at inf dot ufsm dot br>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:58:48 -0500
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.0.4 vs AIX 4.3.1
>>>>> Tiago Fioreze writes:
| I'm trying to compile gcc-3.0.4 on powerpc-ibm-aix22.214.171.124 but when
| I type the command 'make bootstrap', after a certain time compiling the
| following error occurs :
| /var/tmp/cc43eVKP.s: Assembler messages:
| /var/tmp/cc43eVKP.s:344: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `bge-'
What assembler are you using? This looks like an error message from the
GNU Assembler. If the version of GAS is too old, it may not understand
some PowerPC mnemonics in AIX common mode.
Make sure that you are using the AIX assembler and not the GNU assembler
nor the GNU linker.