gnat-3.14p, libaddr2line and IRIX 6.5

After gnat.com released 3.14p, at Jan 31 2002, I'm now finally have the time
to build it starting from 3.12p, under IRIX 6.5.
To my surprise the Makefile asks for libaddr2line, that was nowhere in sight.
And it really seems to be necessary : convert_addresses : unresolved.symbol
Found the gnu binutils addr2line, but no libaddr2line on the web. Just
discussions, on what to do about this.

Q's :
What is my best option ?
make a stub ? apply one of the patches ( and if yes, which one ) ? remove any
target from the makefile that includes libaddr2line ? Is libaddr2line
available in the foreseeable future ? is rebuilding addr2line as library a
solution ? and so on, and so

BTW :
What is the point of distributing free software if its dependencies are not
freely available ?

Cheers,
Dirk