gcc 2.95.3 - arm support with -msoft-float flag

I was wondering if there were any known bugs or problems with the 2.95.3
compiler and the -msoft-float command line option.

I am currently build with the arm-elf toolset and have found that the
compiler simply ignores the -msoft-float directive and does not place that
information into the object files.

This is a problem where I have some code that is being setup correctly with
the proper software fp flag and the compilation of the broken code whose
flag has not been set.

If anyone could shed some light on this that would be great. I have checked
the help system on the web site to no avail.

Thanks again,

Thomas