A question for ld.exe

Dear all,

We are using Microsoft linker to build our products normally. But now we are
meeting a problem using Microsoft linker: One of our developers wants us
build his source codes into a standalone file(.bin file)(standalone means we
do not want linker to link any system DLLs). Since the developer wants it
running before the system boot up,  there is one issue, from Microsoft
linker documentation, we found that microsoft can only link and build for
virtual memory instead of phisical memory. So we think of GNU link. I read
ld menu, and found there are two options which might realize this function,
one is -Bstatic, another is -Tbss (org), -Tdata (org) or -Ttext (org). I do
not know whether I am right or not. Since this is the first time I touch GNU
link, I wuld like to know can you provide some infomation or idea of it?

Another thing is whether linker script is useful to solve my problem or not?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Have a nice day!

Lixin