Re: Problems installing 'binutils'

Sorry, my mistake. I didn't log in as root.

An additional problem:

I ran ./configure and got the output below:

Of note is the end of the script ("no configuration info in gas"). Is this a
problem?

Also, when do I get my "as" file. This is what I am after specifically. After
running my ./configure script I didn't get any
new file produced.

Thanks in advance

Script started on Fri Feb 01 10:37:12 2002
psd1# date; ./configure; date; exit

Fri Feb  1 10:37:24 GMT 2002

Configuring for a sparc-sun-solaris2.8 host.

Created "Makefile" in /home/kpatel/binutils-2.11.2 using "mh-frag"

./config.status is unchanged

Configuring bfd...

checking for Cygwin environment... (cached) no

checking for mingw32 environment... (cached) no

checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8

checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8

checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8

checking for gcc... (cached) gcc

checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) works... yes

checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) is a cross-compiler... no

checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes

checking for POSIXized ISC... no

checking for a BSD compatible install... ./../install-sh -c

checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes

checking for working aclocal... missing

checking for working autoconf... missing

checking for working automake... missing

checking for working autoheader... missing

checking for working makeinfo... missing

checking for ar... (cached) ar

checking for ranlib... (cached) :

checking for ld used by GCC... (cached) /usr/ccs/bin/ld

checking if the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) is GNU ld... (cached) no

checking for /usr/ccs/bin/ld option to reload object files... (cached) -r

checking for BSD-compatible nm... (cached) /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p

checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes

checking how to recognise dependant libraries... (cached) pass_all

checking for object suffix... (cached) o

checking for executable suffix... (cached) no

checking for ranlib... (cached) :

checking for strip... no

checking for objdir... .libs

checking for gcc option to produce PIC...  -fPIC -DPIC

checking if gcc PIC flag  -fPIC -DPIC works... (cached) yes

checking if gcc static flag -static works... (cached) yes

checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes

checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions ... yes

checking whether the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes

checking whether stripping libraries is possible... no

checking dynamic linker characteristics... solaris2.8 ld.so

checking command to parse /usr/ccs/bin/nm -p output... ok

checking whether to build shared libraries... no

creating libtool

checking for executable suffix... (cached) no

checking for gcc... (cached) gcc

checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) works... yes

checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) is a cross-compiler... no

checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes

checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E

checking for ranlib... (cached) :

checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes

checking for working const... (cached) yes

checking for inline... (cached) inline

checking for off_t... (cached) yes

checking for size_t... (cached) yes

checking for working alloca.h... (cached) yes

checking for alloca... (cached) yes

checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes

checking for getpagesize... (cached) yes

checking for working mmap... (cached) yes

checking for argz.h... (cached) no

checking for limits.h... (cached) yes

checking for locale.h... (cached) yes

checking for nl_types.h... (cached) yes

checking for malloc.h... (cached) yes

checking for string.h... (cached) yes

checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes

checking for values.h... (cached) yes

checking for sys/param.h... (cached) yes

checking for getcwd... (cached) yes

checking for munmap... (cached) yes

checking for putenv... (cached) yes

checking for setenv... (cached) no

checking for setlocale... (cached) yes

checking for strchr... (cached) yes

checking for strcasecmp... (cached) yes

checking for __argz_count... (cached) no

checking for __argz_stringify... (cached) no

checking for __argz_next... (cached) no

checking for LC_MESSAGES... (cached) yes

checking whether NLS is requested... yes

checking whether included gettext is requested... no

checking for libintl.h... (cached) yes

checking for gettext in libc... (cached) yes

checking for msgfmt... (cached) /bin/msgfmt

checking for dcgettext... (cached) yes

checking for gmsgfmt... (cached) /bin/msgfmt

checking for xgettext... (cached) /bin/xgettext

found xgettext programs is not GNU xgettext; ignore it

./configure: ./po/POTFILES.in: cannot open

checking for a BSD compatible install... ./../install-sh -c

checking for stddef.h... (cached) yes

checking for string.h... (cached) yes

checking for strings.h... (cached) yes

checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes

checking for time.h... (cached) yes

checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes

checking for fcntl.h... (cached) yes

checking for sys/file.h... (cached) yes

checking for sys/time.h... (cached) yes

checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... (cached) yes

checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... (cached) yes

checking for opendir in -ldir... (cached) no

checking for fcntl... (cached) yes

checking for getpagesize... (cached) yes

checking for setitimer... (cached) yes

checking for sysconf... (cached) yes

checking for fdopen... (cached) yes

checking for getuid... (cached) yes

checking for getgid... (cached) yes

checking whether strstr must be declared... (cached) no

checking whether malloc must be declared... (cached) no

checking whether realloc must be declared... (cached) no

checking whether free must be declared... (cached) no

checking whether getenv must be declared... (cached) no

checking for sys/procfs.h... (cached) yes

checking for prstatus_t in sys/procfs.h... (cached) yes

checking for prstatus32_t in sys/procfs.h... (cached) yes

checking for prstatus_t.pr_who in sys/procfs.h... (cached) yes

checking for prstatus32_t.pr_who in sys/procfs.h... (cached) yes

checking for pstatus_t in sys/procfs.h... (cached) no

checking for pxstatus_t in sys/procfs.h... (cached) no

checking for pstatus32_t in sys/procfs.h... (cached) no

checking for prpsinfo_t in sys/procfs.h... (cached) yes

checking for prpsinfo32_t in sys/procfs.h... (cached) yes

checking for psinfo_t in sys/procfs.h... (cached) no

checking for psinfo32_t in sys/procfs.h... (cached) no

checking for lwpstatus_t in sys/procfs.h... (cached) no

checking for lwpxstatus_t in sys/procfs.h... (cached) no

checking for lwpstatus_t.pr_context in sys/procfs.h... (cached) no

checking for lwpstatus_t.pr_reg in sys/procfs.h... (cached) no

checking for win32_pstatus_t in sys/procfs.h... (cached) no

checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes

checking for getpagesize... (cached) yes

checking for working mmap... (cached) yes

checking for madvise... (cached) yes

checking for mprotect... (cached) yes

creating ./config.status

creating Makefile

creating doc/Makefile

creating bfd-in3.h

creating po/Makefile.in

creating config.h

config.h is unchanged

Configuring binutils...

[...]

checking for bison... no

checking for byacc... no

checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E

checking for flex... (cached) /home/kpatel/binutils-2.11.2/missing flex

checking for flex... (cached) /home/kpatel/binutils-2.11.2/missing flex

checking for yywrap in -ll... (cached) yes

checking lex output file root... (cached) lex.yy

checking whether yytext is a pointer... (cached) no

[...]

checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... (cached) yes

checking for working alloca.h... (cached) yes

checking for alloca... (cached) yes

checking for sbrk... (cached) yes

checking for utimes... (cached) yes

checking for setmode... (cached) no

checking for library containing frexp... (cached) none required

checking for time_t in time.h... (cached) yes

checking for time_t in sys/types.h... (cached) yes

checking for utime.h... (cached) yes

checking whether fprintf must be declared... (cached) no

checking whether strstr must be declared... (cached) no

checking whether sbrk must be declared... (cached) no

checking whether getenv must be declared... (cached) no

checking whether environ must be declared... (cached) yes

creating ./config.status

creating Makefile

creating po/Makefile.in

creating config.h