Re: Installation using relative (instead of hard-coded) paths

Hi,

	I am using GCC 3.0 and am still not able
to get what I want. I was hoping that GCC use
relative (and not absolute) offsets when building
the respective components. The intent, is that
everything under $prefix can then work as a standalone
image, eg. everything under $prefix can be
tarred/untarred on different machines and expect
to work, or just be kept in a CVS tree. A simple
environment variable pointing to the bin directory
would then work like magic..

Can this be done using GCC 3.0?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am using the config variables, as described below.

thx,

-Srinivas

--
GNU_DIR=`pwd`
cd $GNU_DIR

#
# Configure, build and install binutils
#
if [ "x$2" = "xbinutils" ]
then
        mkdir -p build-binutils
        cd build-binutils
        ../../binutils-2.11.2/configure --host=$host
--target=$target --prefix=$prefix -v
        make all install
        cd ..

        exit 0
fi

#
# Configure, build and install gcc
#
if [ "x$2" = "xgcc" ]
then
        mkdir -p build-gcc
        cd build-gcc
        ../../gcc-3.0.3/configure --host=$host
--target=$target --prefix=$prefix -v --with-gnu-as
--with-gnu-ld
        make all install
        cd ..
        exit 0