Re: need help with assembly instructions..

That is explained in GCC info docs.
an example:

asm( "movl 8(%%ebp),%%eax ; movl
%%eax,%0":"=m"(__rval)::"%eax");

you see that after the code there are colons.
There you specify if you modify or use registers
or memory and the variable in which to store
the contents of the operations. Please, look
in the info for further details.

 --- harish.vasudeva@amd.com escribió: > Hi,