bfd assertion failure

Hello,

I've downloaded the gcc and after the configuration.
Its works for some compilation. while compiling one of the file, I'm getting
the error like
"ld :bfd assertion fail elflink.h:3542"

if I use -v option with the copiler.i'm getting the same error with other
information like
GNU ld version 2.11.2 (with BFD 2.11.2)
supported emulations:
elf32-sparc
elf64-sparc

Now I'm not sure, is this error because of a bug in the program or the
compiler configuration.

help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Nagesh