Error message

I am trying to use the gcc 3.0.1 c compiler to compile and link my Oracle
Pro*C modules.

I am getting the following error message when running the following command
on HP-UX 11.0 (database Oracle8.1.7):

make -f invoice.mk

Error message:

Syntax error at line 43, column 9, file
/opt/gcc/source_code/gcc-3.0.1/gcc/ginclude/stdarg.h:
Error at line 43, column 9 in file
/opt/gcc/source_code/gcc-3.0.1/gcc/ginclude/s
tdarg.h
typedef __builtin_va_list __gnuc_va_list;
........1
PCC-S-02201, Encountered the symbol "__builtin_va_list" when expecting one
of th
e following:

   auto, char, const, double, enum, float, int, long,
   ulong_varchar, OCIBFileLocator OCIBlobLocator,
   OCIClobLocator, OCIDateTime, OCIExtProcContext, OCIInterval,
   OCIRowid, OCIDate, OCINumber, OCIRaw, OCIString, register,
   short, signed, sql_context, sql_cursor, static, struct,
   union, unsigned, utext, uvarchar, varchar, void, volatile,
   a typedef name,
The symbol "enum," was substituted for "__builtin_va_list" to continue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick Anderson
CMG Admiral
Canningford House