Weird LD message...

Hi all. I have a project I'm working on, and I'm trying to compile it into
an elf format binary without startup code (it's an OS kernel). I've done
this just fine with DJGPP, but under Linux I get a weird error during the
link stage. Compile goes fine, then I run ld to link them all:

ld -o <...many files...> -Ttext 100000 -lc -lgcc

and I get this message:

Not enough room for program headers (allocated 5, need 6)
Final link failed: Bad value

I've never seen this message before, I can't make any sense of it. I assume
program headers refer to the elf structure, but what is causing it to not
allocate enough? Is there some way for me to tell it how many it needs? I
don't know where to start to get this bug fixed, if anyone has any ideas at
all please let me know! Thanks!

Rudy Gingles

---