problems linking with C++ code

Ok, I'm not reporting this as a bug because I hope its just something real
stupid that I neglected.
I have a library that was built entirely from C code with GCC, and I have an
application which uses functions from the library..
everything compiled and linked fine with the C source files I was using in
my application, but when I introduced some new C++ files containing a class
calls to my library functions from that class will not link and give me an
undefined reference error.
I'm figuring theres an option I either needed to pass when building the
library or when building the application to get it to link up right, so
hopefully this is real easy for you to answer.

Thanks for your help,

James Dunham
Software Engineer
eSecurity, Inc.