Explanation of names in nm utility

Please excuse me if this is not the right forum for this question.
If not, could somebody direct me to the correct forum?

Below is an excerpt from the nm untility invoked with the following

nm --numeric-sort --demangle $binfile | egrep ' T | t ' >> $nmfile.nm

This outputs the text-only segments in the binary file that nm was run
against.

My question is, what are the meaning of the .LF*, .LM* etc?  Are they jump
tables
(just guessing here), or what?  There are alot of them (big exectuable).

Thanks

081e88f0 t __do_global_ctors_aux
081e88f0 t gcc2_compiled.
081e8920 t init_dummy