Re: building gcc for windows->powerpc without Cygwin DLL

On Aug  9, 2001, Debbie Meade <deb_meade@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to build a gcc windows->powerpc cross
> compiler without the dependency on the Cygwin DLL.  So
> far I have been able to build binutils without the
> dependency (using the -mno-cygwin option) but it fails
> when building gcc cross to powerpc.  Has anyone else
> done this successfully with the -mno-cygwin option or
> any other method?

I doubt this is doable.  GCC relies somewhat on the POSIX API, that is
what Cygwin offers, AFAIK.  I'm quite surprised binutils did so well
without it.  Anyway, without knowing how it fails, it's quite hard to
help.  You may also want to put some of the Cygwin folks in the loop,
by addressing your questions to some Cygwin mailing list.