runtime addresses of functions in shared objects

Hello...

Is there a way to determine the runtime addresses of functions that
reside in shared object files?

I am writing a profiler for an application in which I supply the mcount,
mstartup, and moncontrol functions.  The mcount function obtains the
callers return address from the stack.  I have a small multi-threaded
(cloned) application that I have tested this on, and it works fine.

What I am wondering is what to do with shared objects.  Do they not
undergo relocation when they are loaded?  If so, how do I find out
what those relocated addresses are for those functions in the shared
object?

Thanks