Re: DEC Alpha compiler problem (solved)

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Jan Mannekens wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The problem reported yesterday was solved by recompiling the whole gcc
> suite with the PAGE_SIZE variable in gcc/mips-tfile.c set to 8192 in
> stead of 4096.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Jan.
>
> PS:  Some people suggested me to build gcc with the flag_do_squangling
> set to 1 (in gcc/cp/decl2.c). Nobody could really explain me why I
> should do this, so I didn't. Anyone knowing the exact circumstances for
> enabling squangling of symbol names, please let me know (I work on a DEC
> Alpha XP900 True64 v 4.0F)

I thought that this is because without the flag gcc generate assembler source
files where the lines are too long for True64 and 4.0F assembler.

--
Anthony Lee
Energex

This email message (and any accompanying file attachments) may contain confidential or
privileged information and is intended for the sole use of the addressee named above. If you
are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, please notify ENERGEX immediately and destroy any copies of the original
message.

Any unauthorised review, use, alteration, disclosure or distribution of this email (including any
attachments) by an unintended recipient is prohibited.

ENERGEX accepts no responsibility for the content of any email which is sent by an employee
which is of a personal nature.