Re: howto restrict Warnings to non-system files?

Ingo Krabbe wrote:

> So why don't you just use "grep -v" ?

I just think there can be cleaner solutions.
gcc "knows" which headers belong to itself.
I bet such a table is in memory during compilation.
For someone who is used to the gcc source code
the task to remove header warnings is a 15 minute job.
(I assume it is not spaghetti code)

My proposal is just a request for usability.
If You do not think it is important enough and that gcc may rely on
yet-another-package-besides-flex-and-autoconf-etc, I don't mind
(like I accept other misfeatures concerning error messages)

IMHO rejecting request for improvement like this one makes it harder to
convince free-software-critisizers that gcc is going to be the one and
only true compiler collection in some years.

For the C++ part KCC or aCC have the chance to catch up pretty fast.
Be aware of concurrent projects.

Markus