Re: Problem with shared libraries

----- Original Message -----
From: Arun Saini , Gurgaon <arun@ggn.hcltech.com>
To: <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
Cc: <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 12:29 AM
Subject: Problem with shared libraries

> hi all,
>
> I have a problem while using shared libraries. I have built a shared library
> (say test.so) that used xml4c shared library (libxerces-c1_3.so) available
> from alphaworks. This library (test.so) built successfuly. Now when I try to
> use this test.so from an application. I compile the test application using
> g++ and it compiles successfuly. When I try linking it with the test.so and

If your main program is coded in C++ while your shared library is of C,  you have to demangle the C++ symbols. To confirm your shared library symbols, use 'nm test.so' to see what symbols are available in fact. Or you could confirm what symbols your main program requests actually, use 'nm main.out', too.

Waiting for further information.