Help:- I'm still having problems building my cross-compiler.

Hi
  Sorry, but I am still having problems building a VxWorks cross-compiler using 2.95.3.

This what I have done so far:-

1) I have downloaded 2.95.3 and used configure to configure it:-

./configure --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --target=m68k-wrs-vxworks

2) I have downloaded the pre-made GNU compiler  from Sun site for the Sun sparc.
    (I wish to use the GNU compiler to build my cross-compiler).

3) I have downloaded BINUTILS and have built and installed this for both the targets SUN(native) and m68k-wrs-vxworks (68000 VxWorks target).

4) I have set the CC=gcc and kicked off a make.

5) I then had a problem when the make was trying to build libgcc2.a in that it could not find some header files.  Please see attached makeerr.  Looking at makeerr seems to indicate that it is now using the cross-compiler xgcc to attempt to build the libraries.  I have assumed that the include files that it is looking for must be VxWorks ones since I assume that these libraries are being built for the VxWorks target. Also since the command that failed is using -I/usr/local/m68k-wrs-vxworks/include I have also assumed that I should put the VxWorks include files in that directory. Since I am running with VxWorks Version 5.1.1 I have copied these files into that directory.

Is what I have done correct????

6) After doing this I started from scratch again to make sure that everything was setup in this fashion from the beginning of the build.  Now I am not totally sure of this but it looks like the make now goes into test mode???   Quite a few tests I believe to have worked ok.  Unfortunately the make now falls over when trying to compile fdmatch.c,  with what I assume is header file problems???

Am I now in test mode?

Should I consider modifying fdmatch.c to see if I can get this test(?) to pass?

Please see attachment makeerr2.  Any suggestions or thoughts?

I am having such a lot of trouble building this cross-compiler!!!!   I am hoping that when and if I ever build this cross-compiler, that I will then know how to do it next time.  I have another option and that is to retrieve off a tape an older version of the GNU compiler that was built earlier for the purpose that I need it for.  But that would be defeatest.  So please if anybody out there has suggestions or ideas on what I may be doing wrong then please let me know.

If I am in test mode, would it be an idea to try and install what I have got anyway, or should I make sure that  the make will run successfully right through the build before going on to the installation???

Thanks
  Phil Prentice

makeerr

makeerr1