RE: Building GCC under Cygwin. Please help.

  Have you tried using linux to build a cygwin hosted arm-thumb
cross compiler (i.e. a Canadian cross) ?  Just a thought, but it might
work.... and might even be easier than building the cross on cygwin
itself.

> I still don't agree with Red Hat's decision to
>implement text vs binary mount points either, I think it
>borders on the
>insane. Anyone who needs to use cygwin will be able to understand the
>concept of "you must use UNIX line termination in your text files".

  As far as I can see, a mountpoint is just a short cut way to save
you having to actually run a dos2unix converter over files, and it
serves that simple and limited purpose very well.  I always use a
text mode mountpoint in the path to the configure command when I'm
building gcc and as a result the only time I have trouble is when
fixincs somehow mangages to get CRLFs back into my header files.  The
mountpoint does a simple job well, but I agree should not be pressed
into general service in other circumstances.

>Cygwin is a stabbing pain in the buttocks.

  No, that's just the fork you left on your chair at lunchtime....

     DaveK
--
 All your base are belong to us!

the system manager.