Re: gcc on window NT

> Subject: gcc on window NT
> Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 17:39:08 +0200
> From: Gilon Miller <gilonm@friendly.co.il>
> To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
>
> Hi,
>
> I am currently compiling with gcc on a linux platform for the Hitachi
> processor H8S/2350.
> I have an urgent need to be able to compile on a Windows NT platform for
> this same processor.
> Does anyone know of a version of gcc 2.95.2 that can run under NT.
> I know that it is possible to build the compiler for an x86 and that
> involves using something
> called Cygwin. If this is what is necessary can any one tell me what the
> steps are that I need
> to take to perform such a build.

You can build gcc for the H8 under Cygwin.

1)  Install Cygwin on your NT system.  (See www.cygwin.com)

2)  Get and read the CrossGCC FAQ.  (See gcc.gnu.org)

3)  Get the one-tree.sh and build-cross.sh scripts mentioned in the
    crossgcc FAQ.  (These scripts only work with specific versions
    of gcc/binutils/newlib.)

4)  Download the sources for binutils, gcc, and newlib.  You can download
    from gnu.org or from a mirror site.  Get the versions required by
    the one-tree script.

5)  Follow the directions on running the script and doing the build.

The resulting tools should run under NT as long as you have the
cygwin1.dll installed either in the compiler directory or in your
WinNT\system32 directory.

--

Michael Eager
Senior Tools Developer	  Phone: (408) 328-8426