help: STACK_PARMS_IN_REG_PARM_AREA (or REG_PARM_STACK_SPACE) option

Hi,

	I have built a MIPS cross-compiler from
a linux host. I was trying to make the MIPS cross
compiler to explicitly store arguments to the
stack at the callers' frame, and load the arguments
from the stack at the callee's site. The "Using
and Porting GNU CC" recommends to use the
STACK_PARMS_IN_REG_PARM_AREA option, so I defined this
option along with

-DREG_PARM_STACK_SPACE
-DACCUMULATE_OUTGOING_ARGS
-DOUTGOING_REG_PARM_STACK_SPACE

and built the cross MIPS compiler.

However, running a sample code doesn't produce
the desired output. The .s output file is the
same as what was produced by the compiler without
the above options, where the arguments are still
passed using argument registers..

Can anybody please suggest, what I am missing or
doing wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Srini