RE: gcc for PowerPC

                     [snip]
>_muldi3
>../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/libgcc2.c:41: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
>../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/libgcc2.c:42: unistd.h: No such file or directory
>make[3]: *** [libgcc2.a] Error 1
>make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/daniel/download/ppc-gcc/gcc'
>make[2]: *** [stmp-multilib-sub] Error 2
>make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/daniel/download/ppc-gcc/gcc'
>make[1]: *** [stmp-multilib] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/daniel/download/ppc-gcc/gcc'
>make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
>
>It seems like the include path is not updated.
>what should it contain ?

   Hi Dan,

 Someone may have already answered this for you, but I couldn't find it,
so I may be repeating what you've already been told. The problem is that
gcc needs the header files for the target you're compiling for, and those
are the ones it's looking for at this stage. It's building libgcc2.a,
which contains support functions for the compiled code, so it has to be
compiled to run on the target, and therefore it needs the target headers.

 If you've got a real target system running some rtos, you should place
the header files from it into $prefix/$target/sys-include before you
start the build, or use the option --with-headers=/path/to/header/files
when configuring. If you don't have a target system running, you should
get newlib and use the headers from that.

        DaveK
--
The Boulder Pledge: "Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything
offered to me as the result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com