GCC - link problem

Hello,

I have a problem:

I have a *.lib and a *.h correspont with some *.dll - these files were created in VC++
ver. 6.0.

I want use GCC linker (Win32 version) in order to link VC++ *.lib with my C program.

I changed name of this VC++ *.lib - from er.lib to liber.a. - maybe here I did mistake,
I don't know...

Next I did:
      g++.exe -o rs.exe -Ld:\proj -ler myer.o main.o
(befor it I compiled module myer.cpp to obj file myer.o;
 in this module I use one function from er.lib/libler.a library;
 file liber.a is in d:\proj)
and I have error:
myer.o<.text + 0x13d>:myer.cpp: undefined reference to 'Name_of_My_function'

Can I link with GNU CC C programs with libraries (dll's) which were created in VC++ ver 6.0.?
Maybe I need special version of GNU CC? Maybe there are other standards (one GNU CC, other
Microsoft) in order to create library *.lib/*.a files?

Could You tell me where I do a mistake?
Do You know links to web sites, where can I find some answers to my
questions?
Or maybye You know other PUBLIC LICENSE compilers which I can use
in order to link my C program with VC++ library?

Thank You,

Best regards

Mariusz