GCC on OSX - GCC on BSD Unix - GCC configure hosts

1.  I would like to build GCC on the beta OSX release, if possible.  Has
anyone been able to do this?

2.  Since OSX is BSDUnix, would this make it likely that GCC should be able
to be built?

3.  The installation instructions mention the use of configure.  I tried it
on my OSX system with no arguments, and it came back with "unknown host".
Is there a host I should use for the configure?

Thanks - Paul Wilfong
pwilfong@ball.com